Tuesday, June 30, 2009

sleep is over-rated, I hate birds and cell phones are evil

Am I right? Does anyone out there over the age of eighteen get more than 5 hours a night? I can't seem to . I have taken to the habit of playing Mah Johng (sp?) in the wee hours of the am. I am actually pretty coherent at 3:30 am. Anyway, if, by some miracle, I am asleep at 3:30 am, by approximately 4:30 am, I am awakened by nature. No, not my bladder calling, rather, the call of the wild. No, not that wild...I am talking about the five zillion feathered friends perched in the overgrowth in the creek outside my window. What in the world are they so happy about? It's 4 o'clock in the morning for pete's sake! Plus, how does a bird poop on a house window? Does the bird have Spiderman-like talents? Can it aim? I don't get it. Anyway, birds are for the birds. Lastly - I hate cell phones. They are the most evil invention yet. Do I really need to be available 24 hours a day? Huh? Do I need to talk on the phone while I am sitting on the toilet? I'll let you answer that question. Am I dead just because I can't be reached? No- I am not dead, nothing is amiss, I just don't want to talk to anyone. Don't take it personally...K I'm done

7 comments:

Jennifer Bradford said...

I love your guts too. I also hate birds. They are evil little creatures. Why anyone would want for a pet is beyond me. Sammy said it best, "OH NO. That bird is going to beak me with it's beak."

Marianne said...

And here I thought it was the annoying DOGS barking that was keeping you up at night. The birds wake us up at 4:30am too. I think you've got the cell thing handled though, just don't answer, and let your voice mailbox fill up. Problem solved! :)

Shelley said...

I was wondering why you were leaving comments on my blog at such a crazy hour. I can stay asleep once I am out, my problem is going to bed at a decent hour. I think it was 2am or so last night. Who wants to sleep when I can have quiet, uninterrupted Shelley-time? When I wake up, I have 2 demanding little turkeys to deal with again.

Shelley said...

Oh, and I sleep with a fan on...it drowns out unwanted noise, (including children).

Jaz said...

We have a tree in our front yard whose limbs spread out really close to our bedroom window. It gives new meaning to "In the Leafy Treetops the birds sing goodmorning"....I USED to like that song.

The Big Kahuna said...

The only good bird is the one on my dining table on Thanksgiving. It is important to note that even this bird is dead, which is the only acceptable state for a bird. There are, however a few exceptions. Most notably the eagle and other birds of prey (not normally found in the average tree singing "In the leafy tree tops").

Jennifer Bradford said...

Kahuna-that rules! Birds are yummy, as are most other animals, with the exception of deer, elk, and buffalo. I eat vegans!