Friday, June 26, 2009

Semi-public apology

Sorry if I offended anyone with my comment on Michael Jackson. I just feel like the media hypes these things up so much that it is almost intolerable. Of course, I feel for his family and friends, but, come on...Farrah Fawcet died too, and that was barely a blip on the radar. I liked Farrah tons better. I believe I even tried to emulate her hairstyle back in the day. I never tried to emulate Michael Jacksons hairstyle, and that means something to me. Anyway - sorry about being flippant about it, I really do have feelings.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Question: Do you think anyone will recognize him on the other side??

Jaz said...

you didn't offend me....I was mainly talking about some of my FaceBook friends who really shocked me with some of their comments. I'm not big on sanctifying someone in death, but I do have respect for the dead. Does that make sense?

Jennifer Bradford said...

You know, last week, when MJ died, I gave a you-know-what for about half a second. My give-a-you-know-what is now completely gone. I am tired of hearing about MJ. Yeah, it sucks for his little kids, but let's face it, they were probably headed for therapy anyway. Now we get to endure this ridonculously public custody/estate battle for probably at least another year. I say, let the dude die, give his kids to Gramma, where they belong, give her the money, and SHUT THE YOU-KNOW-WHAT UP. K, I'm done now. Perhaps I now owe a semi-public-apology too.

CrazyCow said...

Jenn - I love your guts.

Rachel said...

Shelley your hilarious! Melissa I totally agree that the medai has gone WAY overboard, you know Steve Mcnair died (he's a football player)too and we hardly heard anything about it. I liked Michael back in the day when he was "normal" I do feel bad for his kids though, losing a parent sucks.