Thursday, February 26, 2009

And another thing.....

Warning: Please read below before you read above. It won't make sense if you don't.

And another thing....this "guy" on the phone was telling me that my claim was "coded" with a mental health code and that my insurance doesn't cover mental health issues. WHAT?!? I am so screwed. No coverage for the crazies? No wonder so many of us are wandering around with swirling eyes, dirty shirts and matted hair. No one is paying for our "Mental Health" issues. BTW - the "claim" that was denied was the one that found us in the ER with Erin after she fainted and had a seizure. Mental health issue? I don't think so. OH-and guess what else? The Ambulance Ride was luckily covered at 90% because it was $1469.36. Oh, and I had better get that payment in ASAP (and the guy at the ambulance place said "aaaasap", didn't say A-S-A-P like normal people.) because it is past due now, eventhough I just got the bill. I wish I could run my family like this. Passive/aggressive business practices...hmmmm...wonder if I could write a book about it and make a zillion dollars. Then Erin could have all the "mental health" issues she wanted. "Hey, I don't feel like taking my spelling test this morning, I guess I'll have a little fainting spell and maybe a small seizure. Nothing major, just a small problem" Sorry - I am just kind of bugged.

3 comments:

Jaz said...

Hopefully they continue to cover my mental health issues....or my craziness is gonna make the 'belcher' look like Miss Manners :) Side note: they tried to not cover an MRI that I had because it turned out that it was a dislocated jaw and that's a 'dental issue'. I called the MRI company and explained to them that 'dislocated jaw' wasn't the original diagnosis so I only had to pay for the doctor visit. (there may have been a little hysterical crying on my part--but hey, can't hurt)

Marianne said...

Our insurance didn't want to pay for Camille's c-section because it "wasn't necessary". They dragged it on for over a year with denials and crap. Tell me how it's not necessary when the baby is sideways? I think maybe the insurance company is sideways!!!!

Rekehl Johnson said...

I feel your pain! You go girl! I think you are like Norma Rae for all of us.

- Rekehl