Monday, January 26, 2009

please hit me over the head with a blunt instrument

Is the title too harsh? I don't want to die, just be in a coma for 24 more hours. Is that wrong? "Having your children home for five weeks during the middle of winter" is the official Websters definition of the "Seventh Circle of Hell". I literally went in to survival mode today. Half of the day was spent sequestered in my room trying to conjure up mental pictures of a happy place. I also forbade my kids to speak to me, or look at me or be near me in any way. I have finally lost it. If I hear the phrase "that is MINE!" one more time, I shall get in my car and drive to Tooele. Now, if that isn't desperation, what is? Ok, I truly and unconditionally love my kids, but this is just ridiculous. The high point of my day was when the dentist had his instruments of torture in their mouths. I smiled happily and mindlessly watched the tropical fish swim in the aquarium while they squirmed and wiggled and got poked and scraped. What is wrong with me? I am never requesting "A" track again. Is any of this even making sense? Am I babbling? Please let this day end!!!!!! I know, waaah waaah waaaah. Just had to get that off my chest! So how are you? Are any of you fairing any better, and if so, what is your secret? I don't want my children to be afraid to go off track. Please help......

9 comments:

Jill said...

I hear you sister! It's funny how we have been fine until these last couple of days. That was a dirty trick for that ol' Rose Creek to play on us. School is suppose to start on Mondays! I love my kids, but both they and me are ready for school to start.

Send Lizzy and Erin over tomorrow. My girls would love that. Just call first and I'll put the dog in the back. Your girls need to come and see the funny video of the Girls Night out party

Shelley said...

I have never-ending off track right now! Carson and Parker came over this morning while we were all out playing in the lovely snow so they could see if Autumn wanted to play. They knocked for awhile and they said no one came to the door...I guess that was because you were sequestered in your room. :) If you want to get rid of Autumn for a bit, just call...Parker wants his "girr-frend."

Jenni said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has these days once in awhile...OK, too often to admit.;) I would love to have Autumn over sometime too, Trevan thinks she's pretty great. I just don't have the convenience of living next door (like Shelley...lol) so you would have to just make a phone call rather than send her over to knock on the door.
Hang in there, you have to endure the "off tracks" to appreciate the "on tracks", I guess. You're a cutie!

Marianne said...

One more day! I laughed at your "take them to the dentist plan" of subtle torture. I may have to try that one. P.S. kids get home early today, so playing starts early!

Linda Barton said...

I acutally only had A track once for that very reason!!! I can handle every other off-track except the winter one. Hang in there.

Jennifer Bradford said...

The first year that Jordan School District switched to year-round school. I was on C-track, because mother decided it would work out the best beacuse at some point in each of my track vacays, some one or another would be home to watch me. (Laugh, laugh, guffaw, guffaw). What really happened is that I was shipped off to my grandmothers and forced to hang out with her and her old lady friends. I learned to play bridge, tie quilts, make cake and frosting from scratch in stead of good 'ol Dunkin Hines. I also learned which support hose are most effective, what to do for a hot flash, the easiest way to get your hair the perfect shade of old-lady blue, and how to make humming bird juice. Oh the times we had.

Meliss, just ship your kids off to grandmas, you will be very surprised at what they come home knowing.

Carrie said...

I actually hide in my room yesterday for an hour. I totally understand. Hang in there. Send Autumn over, the girls would love a new friend.

Crystal said...

I totally understand! I've been wanting to hide in my room for a couple weeks now! And I agree with you- what the h was I thinking putting my kids on A track? And who in their right mind at the school district thought "this is a good idea, five weeks off for the kids." Anyway, I hope things are better now that the kids are back in school.

P.S. My brother-in-law is moving out this week! Woohoo!

Mia said...

Ahhhh...a kindred spirit. I feel so much better now.

Yesterday I remembered that our new traditional school schedule offers a full 3-month summer break to look forward to, meaning dread. Seriously, am I going to make it?

Tune in next September for "New Moon: the true story of a mom who turned into a werewolf," (so I could run and play in the woods with all my kindred spirits and scare the tar out of the kids who would otherwise mess with me!)