Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Resolutions...Ugh

I usually don't do the whole New Year's resolution thing, for obvious reasons. If I had goals, I would have to feel guilty when I didn't reach them. Who needs the guilt? No thank you. Anyway, for 2009, I thought I would venture into the realm of the goal-oriented. I have thought long and hard about these resolutions, so do not laugh.
1. I resolve to refrain from laughing at people who use the following words: irregardless, grammerical and pacific (instead of specific).
2. I resolve to watch each and every episode of American Idol. No skipping.
3. I resolve to never listen to country music or NPR. Disclaimer: I have nothing against country music lovers. It's kind of sweet. I just can't listen to it myself because of the cheese factor.
4. I resolve to perfect my southern accent.
5. I resolve to refrain from watching Camp Rock and High School Musical on a daily basis.
6. I resolve to cut down on the use of the work "freakin" in my daily conversations.
7. I resolve to quit pulling stray hairs from Mike's ears during Sacrament meeting.
8. I resolve to sleep in my own bed at least twice a week - I might be sleeping with several of my children, but at least I'll be in the vicinity of my husband.
9. I resolve to blog more, find more to smile about, take more pictures (with my new rad camera) and keep better track of my kid's lives.
10. Finally, I resolve to actually use the green and orange Harmon's bags when I go to the grocery store, instead of leaving them in my pantry, where they aren't really doing much to save the environment.

See how easy that was? These seem like attainable goals. Hey-hope you have a great New Year. Don't stress yourself out too much. Love to all!

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Thanks Melissa. You have inspired me. I resolve to comment every time Melissa posts something. Will that help you with your resolution to blog more? :)

Rekehl Johnson said...

I love reading your freakin blog - you make me laugh. I usually don't do the resolution thing either because then I'd get more depressed when it doesn't work out. Maybe I'll just use your goals then I won't have to think up any of my own (except for the not watching High School Musical everyday, I'm okay with that, but out goes Camp Rock!)

- Rekehl

Shelley said...

Love 'em. But how are you really going to get a good at the Southern accent without listening to some country? ;)

Linda Barton said...

You've inspired me again! I will resolve to not jugde people as "ignorant" who use the word when trying to describe someone who is rude.

Jennifer Bradford said...

May I suggest that you add one more word to the list in Resolution #1? That word: SUPPOSABLY.