Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Autumn is fabulick

In honor of Autumns fourth birthday, I thought I would talk about her a little bit. This may or may not be funny, so hang in there. Autumn was born a poor black child on October 26, 2004. We didn't realize that her name would be sooo cheesy(Autumn Wood), but it fit. Maybe we just couldn't think of anything else to name her, so we chose the most obvious. It was fall, the leaves were turning, etc...You do the math. Anyway, her middle name is Cherie. Cherie means "my love" in French. We were in France for a few days when I was pregnant with her, so thus the name Cherie emerged. Oh yea, her aunt Misty's middle is SHAREE, so we did double duty. I think Misty's name was also supposed to be "Cherie" but her mom didn't know how to spell it, therefore, "SHAREE" was incarnated. Autumn is nearly five years younger than her next oldest sibling, Elizabeth, which means that she believes she is an only child and certainly behaves like one. Admittedly, we have all been a little indulgent. She has provided our family endless hours of entertainment, and as pay back, she has turned into a bit of a prima donna. She definitely rules the roost around her. She is top hen. The Pecking Order starts with her. I was telling Mike the other day that basically my day starts and ends with her bossing me around. She usually sets the agenda, and I really have little say in it. It is just easier this way. Okay, I know that I will live to regret this, but, right now it is fine.
Yesterday, I sent my girls (all four of them) to see High School Musical Three or HSM3 as it is commonly known. When I went to pick them up, I of course asked how they all liked the movie. They all loved it and thought that Zac Efron was super hot. (Even I think he is hot which is weird because I am literally old enough to be his mother.) Anyway, I asked Autumn who her favorite character was and she said "It was Kefron" I said, "You mean Zac Efron?" she said, "that's what I said, Kefron" and then rolled her little eyes at me. Then she said, "It was fabulick" which, I am assuming means "Fabulous". Today, she got dressed up and went to dance for a Halloween party. When she was done, she offered up her "nickers". She told me that she didn't like nickers and that she knew I did, so she wanted me to have hers. It took me a minute until I realized the true meaning of this conversation. She doesn't like candy with nuts, so she gave her "Snickers" to me when we got home. This is just how every day is with her. She says the most outrageous and funny things. I believe my other children did to. Sadly, I didn't record any of it. I barely remember any of it either. So, to make up for that, I will blog my four-year-olds little sayings. This is in an attempt to have at least one of my children stand by my side in the nursing home. Anyway, I love this little girl with all my heart and I am so glad that I got her when I did. She brightens up my life and I am so glad she is my daughter. Love you Autumn. I wanted to post some pics of her, but something is not working with this program, so maybe a future post.

ps - Don't tell Lizzy I told you this, but she also said something funny after the movie. I asked her if she thought Zac Efron was hot too, because Erin and Carley where somewhat dazzled by him. She said, "I think he's cute, but he's really sweaty." Bless her heart. I love her logic!!!!!

Love to all!!!!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Autumn IS "fabulick"...my boys adore her. The other night we were saying family prayers and Carson made sure to bless Mommy, Carson, Parker, and Autumn. Yes, true. And I have never thought about her name before...I had a good laugh at that one and at the fact that I have never figured that one out until now!

Marianne said...

We love Autumn, anytime you want to hand her over to our family, you just send her over. She's just a darling thing, although you dress her too cute! I always wince when I see her next to Ava, they are night and day. Or maybe they are: beautifully dressed, and haphazardly dressed with wild hair!!

Tammy said...

Your blog is so DANG funny! I hope you don't mind me helping myself to reading it! That's why everyone misses your blogs when you take a little time off! We need your blog to help lighten our day with rays of sunshine and laughter!

Jill said...

Autumn is so adorable. I could look at her munchkin face all day!! I have a little Prima Donna of my own. I think having the big 5 year gap is going to result in having TWO kids thinking they are the "baby" of the family. :-) I like reading your posts because you write the same way you talk...very funny!