Saturday, December 12, 2009

dollar store

I have two words for you - DOLLAR STORE. I forgot how much I love the dollar store. I can buy whatever I want at the dollar store, including a pregnancy test. However, I must pose the question: "How reliable is a one dollar pregnancy test?" Anyone out there ever used one? Just curious. Also, one dollar lingerie? You have to dig, but you will find it. I noticed a pair of blue and purple polka-dotted thong underwear (because it was hanging out of the bin of underwear, near the pantyhose! Sickos!) I guess a dollar is about as much as one should have to spend on such an article. Lastly, who wants to spend a small fortune on a wedding? For about twenty bucks, you can have it all: (except for perhaps the dress) Party favors, dinnerware, veils, bouquets, etc... Just one aisle over and you can buy your wedding night attire as well. It's a one stop shopping experience. I love it. ANYWAY...

ps - in case the self-proclaimed God of Grammar reads this - SUE ME!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Lol...I have wondered at the accuracy of the dollar store pregnancy test too! Let's buy one and take it shall we? lol

Sherron said...

I have used the dollar store pregnancy tests since I found out about them. They work just fine. I love being able to test every day until I either get a positive or start my period without spending $10 a pop.

The dollar store tests are sensitive to the Hcg hormone at 25 mIU. The most sensitive test will read it at 20 mIU. Other tests won't detect it until 50 or 75.

I know this because after my last miscarriage, I needed to track my hcg levels to make sure they were going down. (I didn't have a D&C) I could go to the dr and pay $30 a week for each test or monitor it for $1.

Lots of information, more than you bargained for, I'm sure.

BUT, the question at hand is- are you needing a pregnancy test?

Shelley said...

It's settled then. You can officially be in charge of throwing me a bridal shower, (complete with the blue and purple thong), planning my reception, and then figuring out when I am pregnant...all for a few bucks! Awesome! :)

Jennifer Bradford said...

Let it be known, I am giving up on the Grammar Nazi business, its not as lucrative as I thought it could be. I will just make fun of you in silence instead. Dollar store rocks! Can't wait to buy my kids their whole Christmas there since they don't really care about anything other than tags, boxes, babas and binkies.